DAM Architectural Book Award 2021
The ten best architectural books
The Frankfurt Book Fair and the Deutsches Architekturmuseum (DAM) are presenting the jointly initiated International DAM Architectural Book Award for the thirteenth time. The DAM would like to thank the Society of Friends of the DAM for its generous support of the prize.
The ten prize winners this year are:
- Konstruktion / Manual / Birkhäuser Verlag
- Apartment Blossom/ Donghua University Press
- Antarctic Resolution/ Lars Müller Publishers
- Raamwerk In Practice: Lichtervelde Youth Centre / MER B&L
- Avant-Garde as a Method / Vkhutemas and the Pedagogy of Space, 1920 – 1930/ Park Books
- Elemente einer baukulturellen Allgemeinbildung / Park Books
- Milk.Honey / Animal Stories in Imagined Landscapes/ Park Books
- Napoli Super Modern/ Park Books
- HdK – Haus der Kultur Gera / sphere publishers
- Anime Architecture: Imagined Worlds and Endless Megacities/ Thames & Hudson
The prize, unique in its kind and now highly respected, honours the best architecture books of a year. 94 architecture and art book publishers worldwide have responded to the joint call. A specialist jury of external experts and representatives of the DAM selected the ten best architecture books of the year from 235 entries according to criteria such as design, content concept, quality of materials and workmanship, degree of innovation and topicality.
The hybrid award ceremony will take place on October 20, 2021 at 7 pm and will be transmitted via livestream on: Digitale Preisverleihung DAM Architectural Book Award 2021 – YouTube
All submitted books will be presented to the public in the Frankfurt Book Fair from 20 – 24 October 2021, stand 3.1 H121.
The press images in the preview are available for download in print quality via the following button:
Press images – free of charge for the unique, purely editorial use in the direct context of the DAM Architectural Book Award 2021, mentioning the author/copyrights.